Friday, July 1, 2016

Japan needs nurses, caregivers

The Philippine Overseas Employment Administration is now accepting qualified applicants for nurses and care workers for deployment in Japan under the Framework for the Movement of Natural Persons of the Philippines-Japan Economic Partnership Agreement (PJEPA).

Administrator Hans Leo J. Cacdac said the Japan International Corporation of Welfare Services (JICWELS) needs qualified applicants to fill up another batch of vacancies for 48 nurses and 585 careworkers.
Candidates for nursing positions should have the following qualifications:
  • Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nursing 
  • With Board License 
  • With at least three (3) years hospital experience 
  • Preferably 20 to 35 years old 
  • Must be medically and psychologically fit to work 

For care workers, the requirements are the following:
  • Graduate from any four (4) year course and certified as a caregiver by TESDA 
  • Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nursing (under board) or any allied profession 
  • Preferably 20 to 35 years old 
  • Must be medically and psychologically fit to work 

Cacdac advised qualified applicants to register online at and personally submit the following documents to the Manpower Registry Division, Ground Floor, Window T, POEA Building, EDSA corner Ortigas Avenue, Mandaluyong City:

  1. A detailed resume with one piece 2x2 picture
  2. Authenticated College Diploma (for careworker applicants)
  3. Transcript of Records
  4. Valid PRC ID (for nurse applicants)
  5. Employment Certificates (for nurse applicants)
  6. Valid TESDA Certificate on Caregiving (for careworker applicants)
  7. Japanese Language Training Certificate, if available
  8. Copy of valid passport
  9. Valid NBI Clearance (for travel abroad)

Deadline of submission is on July 7, 2016.

Candidate-nurses to be hired shall first complete a six-month onsite Japanese language training and thereafter undergo on-the-job training at their respective hospitals. They should be able to pass the licensure examination in Japan before they can work as registered nurses. They have three chances to take the nursing licensure examination.

Candidate-caregivers, on the other hand, shall initially complete a six-month onsite language training and work on-the-job for at least three years before they can take the national examination for caregivers to be able to work in Japan indefinitely.

source: POEA

No comments:

Post a Comment