Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Online petition against OFW PHilHealth premium hike

An online petition was put up by Migrante-Middle East to stop the rate hike of PhilHealth premiums. PhilHealth will increase the monthly premiums to PhP2,400 from the current PhP900.

According to the Migrante-ME blog, this will be sent to President Aquino and the PhilHealth Board, together with a position paper. This plan of the PhilHealth Board "contradicts a provision of the Amended Migrant Workers Act or RA 10022 that prohibits increase in government fees for services rendered to OFWs and their dependents.”. Also, "there were no consultations among OFWs groups conducted by the Philhealth Board", according to the blog post. Sign-up now: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/no-to-philhealth-premium-increase-scrap-circular


  1. Great post ! Try this data entry job..

    Earn while you enjoy time with your Family & Loved ones!
    Join us today visit http://www.unemployedpinoys.com

    Unemployed is Brave and a choice to be a Freeman.
    To get a form visit my Facebook Page


  2. To: PhilHealth Corp,
    How or what is the procedure to waive philhealth contribution (Php2,400/yr) when getting oec? Most skilled ofw already have insurance coverage from the company where we work. Therefore it is not practical. Besides that it expires it can only be used in phillippines or accredited establishments. Unlike the Pag-IBIG and SSS contributions, they are accumulated and does not expire and can also be use to avail for medical needs. Another is that it is too expensive!
    Sino po ba ang gusto na magkasakit o maaksidente? Your coverage is only good as long as you are getting our money. If we get sick or hospitalized after one year or after the validity expiration, you will of course deny us and maybe point us to SSS or Pag-IBIG or other ways. For most of us skilled OFW, we already have insurance coverage from our employers.
    I do not wish to be part of your scheme in milking us of our hard-earned money! This is very unfair and unjust!
    So I am asking for you to please point me where and how I can waive this expensive contribution or at least who should I talk to.